DNV GL’s attendance and sponsorship at the Global Food Safety Conference has become a tradition. The event is the industry’s annual rendezvous for the advancement of food safety and consumer trust worldwide and gathers over 1,000 food industry leaders from over 50 countries.
The Conference provides the opportunity to meet and network with industry peers, share knowledge, gain insight into the latest advances in the science, technology and collaborative tools being leveraged for food safety around the world. It also provides thought-provoking talks from internationally reputed industry experts and hear innovative ideas to implement in your workplace.
The 2019’s edition will take place from 25th-28th February 2019 in Nice, on the French Riviera, focusing on the theme Emerging Challenges and the Future of Food Safety. As the birthplace of the Global Food Safety Initiative, France is the perfect host country for this 18th GFSI Conference focused on securing a safe food supply for the future.
DNV GL Special Session
During the conference, we will host a breakfast session and we are looking forward to your presence.
When: Wednesday, 27 February
Time: 8:15AM - 9:15AM
Where: Nice Acropolis Convention Centre - 3rd floor - Room Thalie
Title: How can we co-create the products and the true stories our consumers expect, by using digital technologies?
Consumer trust is shifting from brands to products. Digital technologies and hyper-connectivity enable direct communication with customers through products. Collaboration throughout the supply chain in completely new ways becomes key to success.
The intention of our session is to explore why and how we can create value together with a customer from the start of the value chain, a product manufacturer and an expert on food innovation, food technology and start-ups.
Questions we will explore are:
- Why companies are on a digital journey and what challenges/solutions they are addressing/aiming to solve;
- How digital technologies and sharing can drive radical impact on the end product, starting even before the farm;
- What digital trends, drivers and technology enable them to pursue these opportunities, effectively & efficiently;
- How two players at opposite ends of the value chain connect to the benefit of the consumer.
- Ellen Catherine Rasmussen, VP Sustainability Programs and global Projects, Yara
- Roberto Buttini, Vice President – Global Quality & Food Safety and Technical Regulatory, Barilla G. E R. Fratelli Spa
- Marco Gualtieri, Founder and Chairman, Seeds&Chips | Milano Milano Cucina
- Renato Grottola, Global Digital Transformation Director, DNV GL-Business Assurance
- Luca Crisciotti, CEO, DNV GL-Business Assurance