The ISO 9001: 2015 and ISO 14001: 2015 Gap Analysis is a service intended for all the customers who already have, respectively, a quality management system certified to ISO 9001:2008 or an environmental management system certified to ISO 14001:2004 and also to all those who are planning to get certified for the first time. In the first case, the Gap Analysis will be performed in conjunction with planned periodic or recertification audits, in the second case It will be conducted jointly to the initial audit.
The gap analysis is performed prior to the entry into force of the new version of ISO standards and throughout the transition period granted to companies for the adaptation of quality and environmental management systems to the new standard.
The audit will examine the status of the management system compliant to the current version of the standards, which may have already been adapted or being in the process of adaptation to the requirements of the new standards, and will make a comparison between the present situation and the future "ideal" situation of compliance with the new ISO 9001:2015 or ISO 14001: 2015 requirements.
The analysis will focus on the major innovations introduced by the standards that apply to both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 (for example):
- analysis of the context in which the organization operates;
- definition of internal and external factors that influence the results of the management system;
- identification of stakeholders and their expectations with respect to the management system;
- analysis of risks and opportunities, and implementation of the necessary actions for risk management within the stream of operational processes;
- definition of the necessary resources for the management system;
and on the specific changes for each standard (for example):
- more focus on control of external suppliers of processes, products and services, for the new ISO 9001:2015;
- a broader environmental vision that tends to a greater environmental protection rather than pollution prevention, for the new ISO 14001:2015.