Industrial energy management systems
Head of Department – Sustainable Energy Use, Continental Europe
Complete implementation of an effective energy management system from gap analysis to complete integration into existing management systems and business processes.
Continually monitor and optimise your energy performance. An energy management system (EnMS) implemented by DNV GL lets you maximise energy savings, increase competitiveness and reduce your operational expenditure. Moreover, it helps you ensure compliance with current and future regulations, and limit business risks related to energy use. So you are in the best shape possible to do business – today and tomorrow.
Energy is an increasingly important part of many organisations’ operating expenses – albeit one whose price fluctuates greatly. At the same time, leading players demand that their suppliers match their commitment to sustainable business practices. Hence controlling energy use is a vital step in staying competitive and strengthening your corporate image.
From gap analysis to fully implemented EnMS
Building on over 15 years’ experience in certifying and advising on management systems, DNV GL offers a complete, end-to-end service for creating your EnMS. This starts with a gap analysis to pinpoint where your current energy management approach differs from the relevant international standards (e.g. ISO 50001) and industry best practices.
Next we analyse and map your current approach and business processes. Combining this understanding of how you do business with our own standardised approach and tools, we develop an EnMS to meet your specific business needs and the appropriate international standards. Then, according to an agreed plan, we ensure your EnMS is fully implemented and properly integrated into your existing management systems.
Finally, we can perform a verification gap analysis to assess progress and confirm completion of the implementation plan.
- Identifying and mapping energy flows in your organisation
- Developing templates, registers and documents e.g.
- Register of significant energy uses and consumers
- Energy, carbon and cost flow diagrams
- Register of energy improvement opportunities
- Developing, implementing and documenting procedures
- Implementation workshops to share information on processes and requirements
- Coaching process owners
- Selecting and training internal audit team (part of optional certification support)
Your ideal partner
- Extensive track record in
- Management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc)
- Energy management systems (DS2403, SS627750, EN16001 and ISO 50001)
- Leader in integrated EnMS
- One of first to implement ISO 50001 in various industries
- Global organisation with a centralised approach
- Delivered by local in-house experts with international experience
- Independent, not linked to equipment manufacturers
- Proven proprietary tools to optimise the implementation process