By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of a wind turbine
- Build a complete wind turbine model
- Perform load calculations
- Have an understanding of control concepts
- Have an overview of site specific load calculations
- Introduction to Bladed
- Building a wind turbine model
- Rotor aerodynamics
- Structural dynamics
- Control and safety systems
- Modelling the environment
- Running steady calculations
- Running Simulations
- Post-processing and reporting
- The role of standards and certification
- Offshore wind climate and wave loading
- Offshore structures and foundations
- Site specific load calculations
- Seismic loading
Who should attend?
Engineers who are new to the field of wind turbine design and / or new to using Bladed software.
This course can also be offered as client only / in-house and can be adapted to suit your needs.
For people already using Bladed we also offer Bladed software: advanced training.
Do you need more information?
Energy Academy brochure
Download our brochure
Bladed 5 day programme
Download our programme
Download an overview of our open enrolment courses
Energy Academy newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter
Request an in-house or customised training course
Find out about our training courses in other sectors
Explore the maritime training courses
Oil & Gas Academy
Explore the oil & gas training courses
Business Assurance Academy
Explore the business assurance training courses
Explore the software training courses