In accordance with the guidance given in the ISO19011 for first and second party audits as well as the requirements of the ISO17021 for third party audits.
Who should attend
Anyone intending to perform audits of a Health and Safety management system. Note that, while this course is applicable to first, second, and third party audits, this course is taught from the third party (Certification Body) perspective. An attendee can both start their journey down the third-party auditor route, and/or understand what third party auditors look for. Some companies require the successful competition of this course to perform first party and second party audits.
- Management systems – What and why.
- What is an audit and why are they necessary.
- Risk based thinking process
- Managing risks through hazard identification and risk assessment
- OHSAS 18001:2007purpose and requirements from an auditing perspective.
- How to plan & conduct audits
- Audit communication
- Value added audit reporting and follow-up
- Interactive group exercises
- Systematic approach for implementing corrective and preventive actions
- Discover how to avoid common pitfalls to problem solving
- Learn how to ensure that problems are permanently resolved
Prior knowledge of the following management principles and concepts:
- The PDCA cycle
- SMS program and choice of indicators
- Knowledge of the requirements of the OHSAS 18001:2007